Saturday, November 1, 2008

Different Response for Different Folks!


Food for thought.....

Since the theme of the day is differential response and treatment, I urge you to read the following and consider what the response might be if the person was an Arab
.

"Joseph Egan doesn't think he'll ever board a Greyhound bus again after a passenger threatened to behead him Friday.

"I moved to the middle of the bus and a woman said 'If you go to the bus driver, I'll cut your head off,' " Egan said from a hotel in Winnipeg.

"We said nothing directly to her," Egan said.

A 41-year-old woman has been charged with possession of a weapon and uttering threats, RCMP said."

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=aba88ea9-d8a8-4b98-b89c-e5cc85543d74

3 comments:

LS85 said...

I think my thoughts would stay the same regardless....anyone who wants to cut off someone's head on a greyhound is just crazy, I don't care where they are from. It's barbaric and sick.

Anonymous said...

Do you know that she's not Arab? That short excerpt doesn't really suggest it's been racialized or gendered, but I'm sure how it plays out will be.

Anonymous said...

We know shes not arab because she was not detained :P